Whale shark snorkeling
From June to September the gentle and harmless whale shark arrives to the north of Yucatan Peninsula. The largest fish in the world. It is a unique opportunity to swim with this animal.
You do not need scuba gear as the whale shark is at the surface feeding on plankton. Mask, snorkel and fins is all you need. Everyone can enjoy this amazing encounteer
We leave from Punta Sam-Cancun, in comfortable fast boats with 10 people max. Once we find the whale sharks on the surface we jump in couples to ensure a unique experience.
Sighting area is within waters of the Caribbean, so the visibility is outstanding.
The tour starts early in the morning and ends at sunset.
How is a day snorkeling with whale sharks
- We pick you up at your hotel to go to Cancun.
- After 1-1.5 hours sailing we reach the whale shark area
- To get the most our of this amazing experience, we jump in the water in couples, swiming close to the whale shark as long as we can. While other couples jump we rest to jump again!
- Later on we stop our boats close to isla Mujeres beach to enjoy a delicious ceviche made by our captains.
- Finally we sail back to the pier and back to your hotel